Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Creature Comforts For Your Models

One of the things that you can do to elevate how models feel about you is to pay attention to their needs. I don't mean that you need to go out and get all the creature comforts like a Hollywood movie set, but you can remove some of the things that cause discomfort.

One of my favorite accessories for location photo shoots is a porta-potty. I bought this one at my local outdoor retailer, it folds up in about a minute and it is about the size of a large reflector. I can have the thing set up in a minute too. This provides a sheltered place where your models, or perhaps a bride on a location bridal set, can change in privacy. It is one of the best $89 I ever spent.

Okay, now for some other things to consider. I always provide bottled water, paper towels, hair ties ( you would be amazed how many times you need these), band-aids, towels (especially if we are going to get the model wet), a chair to sit and relax in or for when they are doing make up. I will bring other things too, based on what the shoot is. I try to think of things that I think the model might need or might forget to bring that would be useful.






From a location set, Kari had multiple changes. The tent came in very handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment